Doctor insights on:
Why Is There No Increase In Diastolic Pressure After Exercising
Physiology: Diastolic pressure reflects the properties of the arterial tree in between heart beats. Exercise causes blood vessels to dilate, reducing resistance to forward flow (decreased impedance or afterload). Diastolic pressure remains the same or even falls following vigorous exercise. Systolic pressure initially rises but it falls to below baseline levels during cooldown. This is normal exercise physio. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Why would you?: A low diastolic blood pressure could be due to leaking of the aortic valve or other problems so finding the cause is important. If you feel well, a low pressure, diastolic or systolic, may not be a bad thing. People with relatively low blood pressure live longer. And, how low are you talking about? ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I took a pre-workout drink once, and ever since my diastolic pressure is >90. What can I do to lower it?
Doubtful: I doubt that the two occurrences are related. Are you measuring your BP at complete rest (for 15 minutes)? Is the cuff large enough for your biceps ? Many brands of birth control pills cause htn. I suspect one of the above 3 issues is contributing - not the drink. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Changes are common: Usually systolic and diastolic BP will drop minimally while standing unless you are dehydrated. If you are healthy and do not have hbp, there is no use in measuring BP and could be generate plenty of anxiety. If you want to be healthy, i rather you spend your energy in exercising and eating right. ...Read more
Here are some reason: During excercise the muscles increase demand for blood and therefore the arterial system is dilated for increased blood flow. Additionally excercise in general increases the compliance of the vessels and as a result diastolic blood pressure is decreased. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why are there no significant increases in diastolic pressure after exercise?
- Why are there normally no significant increases in diastolic pressure after exercise?
- Why did my diastolic pressure go up a lot after working?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the normal diastolic pressure while exercising?
- Why diastolic blood pressure is high?
- Is there an increase in blood pressure while exercising?
- How to increase low diastolic blood pressure?
- Talk to a sports medicine specialist online for free