Doctor insights on:
Why Is There Bloody Mucus In My Stool After An Enema Should I Be Worried
Possibly: Blood tinged discharge can be related to trauma from the enema but it should be evaluated with direct visualization (ie. Colonoscopy or sigmoidoscopy) to make sure it is not related to proctitis (inflammation) or a polyp or cancer. ...Read more
Like material that functions to moisten and protect inner body surfaces. The viscous slippery substance that consists chiefly of mucin, water, cells, and inorganic salts and that is secreted as a protective lubricant coating by the cells and glands of the mucous membranes. The free slime of the mucous membranes, composed of secretion of the glands, various salts, ...Read more
I took a fleet enema and an hour later i went to release my bowels and i saw i had mucus mixed in with my stool. Should be concerned?
Probably not: Mucus is normally produced by the colonic epithilial cells, so it is probably nothing to be concerned about. What is more concerning is that you were able to hold the enema for an hour before evacuating. Most people can only hold the enema a few minutes. ...Read more
There's a thick mucus when I wipe after passing stool, should I be concerned? no pain or discomfort when passing and stool isn't bloody or black.
Doubtful: If it is just some mucus this could be stool related. Provided you claim no blood, blackness or pain, I would follow up with your doctor if there is more concern. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What does it mean if you have blood in the water after you have a home water only enema? I still have bloody mucus still after everything was emptied
Will taking domperidone before my sigmoidoscopy be okay? Worried ^ gastric emptying will push stool into the sigmoid colon quicker (after enema)
Perhaps...: Enemas are almost never used in my pediatric practice, so the 1st concern is what triggered the need for an enema? I would never recommend an enema for your child unless specifically ordered by your pediatrician. The type of enema used may have caused the mucous--or perhaps this mucous was due to the irritant effect of whatever made the use of an enema necessary. If bloody, call your doctor now. ...Read more
- Why is there mucus in my stool enema?
- Why is there a pain in my butt after i masturbate?
- It always feels like something is stuck in my throat should i be worried
- Should i be worried if there is clear fluid leaking from my abdomen but no wound
- I noticed my stool was in green color with black spots in it should i be worried
- Why do i hear my heartbeat in my ears should i be worried?
- Should i be worried about getting a bloody nose a week after my tonsillectomy
- Why is there mucus in my stool?
- Why is there a sharp pain in my stomach when i yawn?
- Why do i get mucus in my throat after eating?