Doctor insights on:
Why Is Surgery Necessary To Heal A Broken Nasal Bone
Bone is a living growing tissue made mostly of collagen (protein that provides soft framework) & the mineral calcium phosphate that adds strength & hardens the framework. Two types of bone are found in the body; cortical (dense compact outer layer) & trabecular (makes up inner layer, ...Read more
Talk with the Ob-Gyn: Depending upon ethnic group and other factors, some babies will not show bone formation in the nasal bridge by 22 weeks. It is believed that having a nonossified nasal bone between 15 and 22 weeks increases the down syndrome risk, especially in women with high risk factors. But, it is statistics (look at all data), so some normal babies and some with other syndromes can have the same finding. ...Read more
My nasal bone, beginning just below the brow, hurts to the touch; mostly the upper part of the bone. It is not red nor does it look swollen. 3daysnow?
At my us at 13w5days, the NT measured 1.42mm + nasal bone good. But they said moderate ds risk due to 4.7 hCG reading. Is this common?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it a good idea to get surgery to heal my broken left hand?
- How long does a broken arm take to heal completely after surgery?
- How long will a collar bone take to heal after surgery?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take for a broken hand to heal with surgery?
- Crushing injury to the occipital bone
- How long will it take for a surgery to reset a broken collar bone?
- Is it necessary to go to er for a possible broken rib?
- Is surgery necessary for a fractured eye socket to heal?