Doctor insights on:
Why Is Niacin Considered An Essential Nutrient
I have taken 1 niacin, and 2 b-12 dietary supplements, will this help me pass a drug test? I am also wondering if the b-12 is considered a water pill?
Can alcoholism cause pellagra, even in individuals who eat a diet containing more than adequate amounts of niacin?
It's possible: Chronic alcoholism can deplete the body of essential nutrients like niacin, leaving the person susceptible to Pellagra. Eating and being able to make proper use of nutrients can be different things. It's complicated. This is a good reason to find effective treatment for alcoholism - it really can do major harm to bodies as well as functional parts of lives. Best! ...Read more
Not from that.: Well, you won't die from taking 1200 my of Niacin at once. Truth be told, recommended doses are as high as 1500mg twice daily for improvement of cholesterol and higher-level lipid parameters. So the dose you took is actually quite normal. Thankfully you took the no-flush variety, because if you took that dose of regular Niacin you'd feel lousy with flushing and red face - again, not fatal. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
What are the differences between 500 mg niaspan (niacin extended-release) tablets and niacan you can buy otc?
Niacin.: Supplementing with 2000-3000mg of flush free Niacin daily can help to control your cholesterol levels quite nicely, even increasing your HDL and converting your LDL to a less harmful subtype. As a negative, Niacin can cause facial flushing and redness so get the flush free variety. And have your liver enzyme values monitored, as they can be affected by Niacin use. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Please clarify-: What are you trying to treat? What information are you looking for? Thanks. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is cholesterol an essential nutrient?
- What is the meaning when a nutrient is considered essential?
- What is considered an average or normal bra size for a fourteen year old?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why is your earlobe swollen red and hot if you have an outer ear infection?
- Why is it dangerous to have an enlarged spleen?
- Why is my head sensitive to the touch when i have an ear infection?
- Why a colonoscopy is scheduled after an abnormal pap smear?
- Talk to a cardiologist online