Doctor insights on:
Why Is My Voice Deeper In The Mornings
Cords more swollen : When you sleep your vocal cords get a little more swollen (like your ankles might at the end of a long day standing on your feet). Because they are thicker they vibrate at a lower rate hence you have a lower voice. Sitting up and standing the cords shrink down a little and your voice gets a bit higher. ...Read more
Most likeky: Yes, you can get an answer from a Voice Medicine specialist- a kind of ENT. After talking with you and examining your larynx (voice box) the doctor will give you some causes and options. Likely culprits include reflux, overuse, or lesions on the vocal folds. Get checked out! ...Read more
It's been my first day doing a workout targeting my neck and my voice had seemed to have gotten deeper.. Why is that?
I'm an 18 year old male and my voice isn't deep - this has lead to me being ridiculed. Why is this?
Reason is: Stretching and strengthening your neck muscles can help deepen your voice by relieving muscle pressure on your vocal cords. This, in turn, lowers voice pitch and improves resonance. More information here: http://www.livestrong.com/article/275505-neck-exercises-to-deepen-the-voice/ ...Read more
I am a 32 y old woman and my voice is hoarse and quite deep, i feel this is getting worse with age, this is really affecting my confidence, thanks?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why is my arthritis worse in the mornings?
- Why is my face puffy in the mornings?
- Why is the muscle in my head above my right ear twitching?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why is my tongue sometimes yellow in the morning?
- Why is my face swollen in the morning?
- Why is my urine cloudy in the morning?
- Why is my cough worse in the morning?
- Talk to a head and neck surgeon online for free