Doctor insights on:
Why Is My Thumb Swollen
Several things can..: ...Cause a swollen thumb. If you do not have a history of trauma, this list includes stenosing tenosynovits (trigger thumb), tendonitis, degenerative arthritis, gouty arthritis, rheumatologic conditions, and infection. If the swelling last for more than a few days, i strongly urge you to see a board certified hand surgeon for a comprehensive evaluation. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Many causes. : There are many potential causes and a good history and exam will helps to determine the answer. For example is this a tumor? Is it lymphatic or vascular congestion? Positional? Work related? Congenital? Constrictive due to ring wear? Due to bone, skin, fat, nerves, vessels?, etc. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- My thumb is swollen
- My thumb is swollen and hurts
- Why my thumb hurts?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why is my thumb numb?
- Skin blister on my thumb why
- Why is my thumb numb and tingling?
- Why is my thumb numb at the tip?
- Why is my thumb swollen and hurts?