Doctor insights on:
Why Is My Thigh Burning After A Balloon Angioplasty With Stenting
Patient got up immediately after a balloon angioplasty, started to get dressed (patient was confused), what complications could we be looking at?
Restenosis: The disease process that led to your blockage does not shut off or stop just because a successful angioplasty was completed. The ongoing disease may lead to restenosis and there are any number of things that can speed up the process of restenosis; most notably continued cigarette smoking. ...Read more
TPA: Trams luminal balloon angioplasty is where a calapsed small balloon fixed to the end of a catheter is passed through the artery to a narrow area. When the balloon is then inflated it squishes the narrowing wider open. The balloon is then deflated and slipped back out. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Open blockages: It's a percutaneous transcatheter procedure to open blocked arteries with a balloon, usually followed by insertion of a stent at its conclusion. Patients are sedated but not fully asleep. A local anesthetic is used. There is minor discomfort at the onset as the skin is punctured and often a minute of angina when the balloon is inflated. Overall, it's not painful. ...Read more
Puting balloon angioplasty in arteries is to so that plaque is not on the way? But why can't cardiologist just burn the plaque or take it off?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why is there a pain in my butt after i masturbate?
- Why is my upper thigh have a bump under skin where a bruise used to be?
- Why is my eye red and pussy after a night?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Felt a burning sensation in heart area after angioplasty why
- My butt is sore after a workout with a leg press
- Why is there a tightness then burning in my calf muscle while running?
- Why is my urine yellower after a triathelete workout?
- Talk to a vascular surgeon online for free