Doctor insights on:
Why Is My Scalp So Sore
Scalp is the part of the skin on the skull, deeply attached to the skull and has the hair shafts from it.Rest of the skin in the head like facial skin(beard) has only 2 layers -epidermis and dermis. Scalp has 5 different layers unlike facial skin/rest of skin all over body .Scalp-s-epidermis, c-conn.Tissue, a-aponeurosis, l-loose areolar conn. Tissue and p- pericranium attached ...Read more
Doctor can evaluate: A dermatology doctor can evaluate the scalp to see if there is a problem in the scalp skin. The cause could also be a problem in the nerve(s) that go to the skin, leading to pain sensations when the area is touched. In certain blood vessel disorders, there is inflammation in some vessels, which can be in the scalp. ...Read more
Monitor for change: If you feel a well defined lump and it is increasing in size then you need a medical check up. Otherwise you can examine yourself once weekly and note any change or further growth. An increase in size will require further evaluation by your doctor. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why are my boobs so sore?
- Why are my arms so sore?
- Why are my breasts so sore?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why does my scalp itch so much?
- Why is my scalp sore and itchy?
- Why are my feet so sore in the morning?
- Why are my feet so sore on the bottom?
- Talk to a dermatologist online