Doctor insights on:
Why Is My Period So Unpredictable
The menstrual cycle begins with the shedding of the uterine lining, resulting in bleeding from the vagina. A few weeks later, one ovary releases an egg and the uterine lining thickens in preparation for a potential pregnancy. Pregnancy can occur at this stage if sperm fertilizes the egg. If the egg is not fertilized, the egg will leave your body and ...Read more
Many options: There are multiple options for heavy periods. Hormonal treatments such as birth control pills, Progesterone treatments and the Mirena (levonorgestrel) iud are effective reversible treatments that will help many people. There is also a drug called Lysteda that contains no hormones which will help others. If you are done having children discuss the option of an endometrial ablation. ...Read more
Most women agree: There are several options of medicines, BCPs, that would dramatically alter the frequency and length of your period. With some options you could do away with your period for a while. See you doctor to discuss those options. ...Read more
Delayed Puberty: This is an issue that needs to be addressed in your doctor's office. They will know or at least be able to get your complete medical history as well as your family history and then initiate a work-up to investigate for possible causes. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why is my period so brown?
- Why is my period so dark?
- Why is my period so light?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why was my period so short?
- Why is my period so heavy with blood clots?
- Why is my period so dark brown?
- Why is my period so long this time?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free