Doctor insights on:
Why Is My Period Brown
The menstrual cycle begins with the shedding of the uterine lining, resulting in bleeding from the vagina. A few weeks later, one ovary releases an egg and the uterine lining thickens in preparation for a potential pregnancy. Pregnancy can occur at this stage if sperm fertilizes the egg. If the egg is not fertilized, the egg will leave your body and ...Read more
This is older,: Deoxygenated blood being cleaned out of the vagina. Not to worry. ...Read more
Why is my period brown I have been on it from last night and it was red but when I just checked it was a brown sort of colour?
Normal variation: This is probably a normal variation.dont worry ...Read more
Menstrual changes?: Many women have occasional variation of their mucus discharge, some spotting between periods, a heavier period, a lighter period, or even a missed period. Having one or two of these symptoms doesn’t necessarily mean there is a medical problem, but a visit to one’s primary care or ob-gyn doctor is a good idea if symptoms are persistent, recurring, or worrisome. ...Read more
Brown = old blood.: The main reason for light periods is a change in hormone levels. Causes for what seems to be a light period can include: implantation bleeding in early pregnancy, thyroid problems, eating disorders, excessive exercise, initial periods for a girl, use of an intrauterine device, oral contraceptives ; perimenopause. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why would my period be brown?
- Why is the start of my period brown?
- Why is my blood brown on my period?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why my period is early and it brown?
- Why is the beginning of my period brown?
- Why is the end of my period brown?
- Why is my period blood brown?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free