Doctor insights on:
Why Is My Body Temperature Always Low Right Before My Ovulating
Basal temperature: Your temperature is not lower at ovulation it is your baseline temperature. After ovulation you have an increase in temperature by about 1/2 to 1 degree caused by progesterone. If you are not pregnant your tempaerature will return to the basal level when your next period starts. Some people note a slight drop in temp just prior to ovulation but this is not consistent. ...Read more
Ok: Although I am not a big fan of basal body temperature charts, you are using them, than typically, the temp drops prior to ovulation and than peaks approximately 36 hours later. Problem is that by the time you get to peak, the egg is no longer viable or fertilize-able; and many women do not get the initial drop prior to ovulation. Good luck. ...Read more
Yes: Although bbts are not a very effective way of timing ovulation; in the classic situation, your temperature drops right before ovulation and than spikes approximately shortly later. The egg is estimated to live for 12-24 hours so once you see the temperature peak, it is probably to late and you have missed ovulation. The ovulation detection kits or odk are much more accurate in timing ovulation. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why is my body temperature always low?
- Body temperature always low
- Why is my body temperature so low?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- High basal body temperature before ovulation
- Low basal body temperature after ovulation
- Why is my blood sugar always low?
- Why is my body always so hot?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free