Doctor insights on:
Why Is My Blood So Dark
Myoglobinuria: Very, dark urine with the color of cola could be due to the presence of myoglobin, which is a breakdown product of muscle cell. It can be caused by trauma, alcohol, medications, and vigorous exercises. It could indicate that you have rhabdomyolysis, which could lead to kidney failure. Another cause would be blood (as in uti) or bilirubin in the urine (as in liver disease). Should be checked. ...Read more
Need tests: Physical appearance may have some validity to a trained , but real thing is lab analysis , wait for results before you worry. ...Read more
Old blood: Fresh blood is usually red and the fresher it is the brighter red it is. As blood begins to break down (a soon as a few hours) the blood begins to darken. Brown and eventually to thick, sticky, and black. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why is my poop so dark?
- Why is my period so dark?
- Why is my urine so dark?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why are my eye lids so dark?
- Why is my period so dark brown?
- Why is my period so light and dark brown?
- Why is my urine so dark yellow?
- Why is my period blood so dark and thick?