Doctor insights on:
Why Is My Baby Speaking Only In Vowels
Will it confuse an infant if one parent speak to him/her in two or three languages (on separate occasions)?
Great question: When we live in taiwan we spoke english to my brother who was a baby and the amas spoke chinese to him. He ended up speaking a mix of english and chinese. You would only understand it if you spoke both languages. We later moved to scotland and he quickly forgot the chinese and spoke only english. I hope one of the developmental pediatricians responds to this question. Fascinating. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Mama & dada: Babies start saying mama and dada at 10-14 months of age, but they don't attach meaning to their mama or dada words at first. ...Read more
My 26 month baby girl speaks only 5 words and the pronunciation is not 100% correct she started speaking 3 months ago and i feel she is getting better?
Delayed speech: A two yrs old child's vocabulary consists of 100 words and they should be able to combine two words together (eg: come here; stop it). The language is 50% understood by a complete stranger. Looking at above standards, your daughter is definitely behind. Even though you feel like she is catching up; i suggest getting helpnfrom a trained speech therapist. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why does my skin itch only at night?
- Why can i only sleep on my sofa?
- Why does my child only bite me?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why am i only spotting on my period?
- Why does my son only cough at night?
- My baby occasionally only blinks one eye
- Is it normal that my baby only feeds twice a day?
- Why is my period only when i wipe?