Doctor insights on:
Why Is It That Corticosteroids Can Increase Blood Pressure
Unknown: Know one really knows why steroids cause high blood pressure in some people however, this effect may be caused by interactions with a cellular protein called proliferation-activation receptor Alpha (ppar-alpha). Persons who take steroids can also develop diabetes, bone loss cararacts, glaucoms or multiple other side effects from long term medication use. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Blood pressure is a measurement of the force placed on the blood vessels and is comprised of the "systolic" pressure (the top number on a blood pressure meter) which is the peak pressure when the heart is pumping, and the "diastolic" pressure (the bottom number on a blood pressure meter) which is the pressure during the resting phase ...Read more
Go see your doctor: 1st, go see your doctor to see if your blood pressure is really too low and needs to be raised. Then purchase a BP cuff so that you can monitor as you try to raise it. Finally, do something like drink plenty of fluids, especially if you're dehydrated - hypovolemia can cause low blood pressure. Lab work will also show if you're anemic or not. Finally, you doc can talk to you about salt & meds . . . ...Read more
Not normal : Need adrenocortical evaluation by endocrinologist.Get a more detailed answer ›
I am 63 and havelow blood pressure. Do I have an increased chance of having a pace maker someday?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can anxiety increase blood pressure?
- Can alcohol increase blood pressure?
- Can gatorade increase blood pressure?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can beta blockers increase blood pressure?
- How can you increase your blood pressure?
- Can protein shakes increase blood pressure?
- Why does blood pressure increase after light exercise?
- Talk to a cardiologist online