Doctor insights on:
Why Is It That Benadryl Gives Me A Hangover
Crosses into brain: There is a blood:brain barrier and medications can cross through this barrier to cause people to feel "hungover". People complain of feeling drowsy or paradoxically some people get insomnia. Non-sedating antihistamines (fexofenadine, loratidine, cetirizine) have less of this "crossover" and so cause less problems for people. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Husband has bad allergies. Congested, runny nose. Claritin doesn't help, zyrtec makes him dizzy, Benadryl makes him hungover. What else will help?
Usually not: Every individual person's definition of "high" is different, but I wouldn't say feeling sedated/tired is a "high" sensation. Occassionally there is a patient who gets a feeling of energy instead of the sedation, but again, I don't equate that with feeling "high". I prefer the feeling of getting high on life when hearing my grandchildren laugh or smelling a beautiful flower... ...Read more
Benedryl 1/2-3/4 tsp: Benedryl (diphenhydramine) is an sedating antihistamine used for allergies, car sickness, cough, colds. The liquid comes as 12.5mg/teaspoon (5ml) . The usual dose for 6-12 year olds is 1 -1.5 tsp (5cc=5ml) every 4-6 hours. For 27 month old : 1/2-3/4 tsp (2.5-3.7cc) every 6 hours is recommended . See also--> http://papermed.Com/benadryl-dosage.Html. ...Read more
Benadryl dose: A safe dose for a 20# 1 year old is 6.25mg, which is a half tsp of the children's liquid. This dose can be given up to 4 times a day (every 6 hours). If needed for more than a couple of days, should consult your doc about other options - is fine short term, but should not be a long term medicine without ok of your pediatrician. ...Read more
If she'll take it: Pill cutters are not very accurate and most of these tabs are not scored for cutting, however, at that age it might work in a pinch. Most tablets are 25mg which would me more than most 4 yo would need, a true half would be a little less.Sedation is likely whatever the dose. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why is it that my iud gives me such sharp pain sometimes?
- Why is it hard for me to take a deep breath?
- Why is it that in a quiet room i hear my ears ringing?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why is it harder for me to breathe after a big meal?
- I am a dancer and at random moments my knee bothers me why is that
- When i have a bowel movement it a mucas like substance around it why is that
- Why can i not use my salicylic acid face wash is it really that big of a deal?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free