Doctor insights on:
Why Is It That After I Drink I Get Diharea
My mother in law has cold fever, throws up a lot can't even drink water and has diharea. What could be the cause?
Gastroenteritis: This is a very common malady and usually resolves in 5-7 days. If, however, she fails to get better or is becoming dehydrated because of lack of intake, or really has fever in excess of 100 f she should be seen by a doctor. This could be one of numerous causes, viral, bacterial, food-borne, primary bowel disease, etc. Needs a full evaluation if not clearing quickly. ...Read more
First: Be aware that you can't make him stop drinking. Second - let him know that you care & spell out your specific concerns. Third- go to al anon meetings to learn to cope with & handle caring about someone with a substance abuse problem. Fourth- you can encourage (but not push) him to attend an alcoholics anonymous meeting (if he has a drinking problem). ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why do i get dead arm after first alcoholic drink?
- Heartburn after drinking water
- Why do i get sick for a week after i drink alcohol?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why do i get leg cramps after drinking?
- Why do i get the shakes after drinking alcohol?
- Why do i get trapped wind the day after drinking alcohol?
- Why do i get diharrea after drinking alcohol?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free