Doctor insights on:
Why Is It Important To Take A Fingerstick Reading Before Meal Time
Diabetes ?: I presume you have been diagnosed with diabetes. A blood sugar reading before meal time will tell your physician (and you) how well your blood sugar is being controlled. Right after a meal your blood sugar will go up normally and is not a good guide. Your physician may request a 2 to 4 hour after meal blood sugar too to see how well your body regulates sugar after a meal. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Instruction from Nexium package says take it at least one hour before meal. Is that mean I can take it 3 hours or 6 hours before meal or at bed time
How to take tetracycline 500mg(2 times a day) for tropical sprue for best outcome?? I mean before meal or after meal??
Are my blood sugar readings good or bad?Before meal 96, 1 hr after meal 196, 1.5 hrs 147 and 2.5 hrs 135.How much should they be?
Yes: Taking a long acting insulin (lantus) and a shorter acting insulin (Actrapid) is called basal/bolus therapy, and is the preferred way to treat type 1 diabetes. It more closely mimics the function of the normal pancreas. However, newer "analog" insulins (Novolog, Humalog, Apidra) work faster and are more predictable than Actrapid, and are preferred, and should be taken before each meal. ...Read more
When is the most appropriate time for exercising? Right after meal, right before meal or far as possible from any meals?
When to eat: I suggest a lite meal, before excerise. ...Read more
I am taking norizec 2mg before meal and metformin500mg after meal twice a day for my diabetes for a long time.I had hyperacidity always at dawn?
Unclear,getBetterTx: C/w gastric reflux. Norizec (glimepiride) induces dying/sick pancreas beta cells work harder excreting insulin+symlin, can drive glucose too ?, wears off <1.5 yrs + evidence accelerates worsening of dm (few want to admit this). Metformin ok but only partially ? liver production glucose from protein & fat; carb in diet will blow it away. Best current tx dm, ??? all carbs+victoza+\-symlin|?Bydureon. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why is it hard for me to take a deep breath?
- Why is it important to have a healthy immune system?
- Is it a problem to take clomid and letrozole at the same time?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why is it important to avoid drinking from a straw after gastric sleeve surgery?
- Is it safe to take a multivitamin before bed?
- Why is it harder for me to breathe after a big meal?
- Why is it bad to drink before a papsmear?
- Why is it important to take a probiotic after taking fluconazole?