Doctor insights on:
Why Is Gonorrhea Also Known As The Clap
French vs Treatment: This archaic term has been around for years befor we understood what germs were about. I like the story relating it to a french brothel "clapier?", although some insist it came from an old form of treatment. Two hands brought together quickly on the "member" or a big book slammed shut to milk the debris out of the penis. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Google it!: I didn't know the answer to your question, so i did a google search, and found the following website: http://www.Advicenators.Com/qview.Php?Q=559308 there were many possible explanations. Too many to summarize here. ...Read more
Gonorrhea: The sexually-transmitted disease known as gonorrhea has "the clap" as one of its nicknames. This bacterial infection can produce a voluminous urethral discharge and leads to urethral scarring causing stricture disease. Old-timers were known to smack or clap their penis between their hands to break up the scars and facilitate urination. The history of the treatment of gonorrhea is fascinating. ...Read more
Varies: Your chances are zero if you don't have sex. If you have unprotected sex with many partners who also have many partners, your chances rise exponentially. It is generally thought thought that a male has a 20% chance of catching gonorrhea from a single act of unprotected vaginal intercourse with an infected female. Women have a 60 to 80% chance from one encounter with an infected male. ...Read more
Clap = Gonorrhea: Untreated Gonorrhea: A woman could develop pelvic inflammatory disease which may cause fever, pain, infertility & ^ chances for ectopic pregnancy. A male could develop epididymitis & more rarely – infertility. It can spread to to both blood & joints. It can even lead to death. (Neisseria gonorrhoea) ...Read more
Gonorrhea: You need to obtain an std workup. Prostitutes often have std's. Regarding gonorrhea: sxs in a male can include: pain with urination, burning or itching from the interior of the penis, swollen testicles which can also be painful & yellowish to greenish penile discharge. Rectal gonorrhea may cause no symptoms or could lead to painful bowel movements, bleeding, white anal discharge & anal itching. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
If u had the clap years ago&got it taken care of&haven't had sex w/ the same person,&the person ur with now is clean, is it possible to get it again?
Assume nothing.: If the person was checked for gonorrhea and chlamydia (asymptomatic carriage) and you were the next person they had sex with, then you would not get it from this person. The question is how sure are you that a person is "clean". Disease can have a low grade presentation and many of those people have no idea that they are infected - unless they get tested, especially in men. Assume nothing. ...Read more
Yes.: Hiv, herpes simplex virus, and gonorrhea are all sexually transmitted diseases. It is possible for one person to have more than one std at a given time. It also possible to spread more than one disease at a time during a sexual contact. The risks of acquiring and of spreading stds are greatly reduced with use of condoms and spermicidal lubricants together. Always use condoms. ...Read more
Antibiotics: You would need to see your doctor to have a culture done. There is increasing resistance to the typically used antibiotics, so be sure you are treated with the appropriate regimen. http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm6131a3.htm?s_cid=mm6131a3_w. ...Read more
Can veetid cure these uti, gonorrhea, clap? Had pain in testicles after anal sex. Took 9 pills symptoms cleared up. I ran out of meds & symptom return
STD: Perhaps it can help with some forms of uti. But, it will not treat gonorrhea or chlamydia. I am not sure where you got information that would tell you that pain in the testicles was an infection or an std. Nothing that is contagious would show up that quickly after a sexual encounter. Perhaps you can re-ask the question and include all of your symptoms. ...Read more
Lower abdominal pain and uncomfortable to pee. Got treatment for clap and gonorrhea but test came back negative. Could it be trichmoniasis? Yeast inf?
PID? UTI? See doctor: This is worrisome for pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), a serious STD complication. Gonorrhea or chlamydia usually are responsible, but sometimes neither one is found by testing. Or maybe you have a non-STD urinary tract infection. Trichomonas isn't a likely cause of abdominal pain, but still could be checked by a DNA test (better than the older microscope test). Return to doctor or clinic ASAP. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Can you know infection of gonorrhea or chlamydia through seman culture ? What is known from seman culture ?
Many experienced people said that chlamydia and gonorrhea longest known infection was 4 years.Is it true?How many days human body persist it?
Chlamydia and GC: Untreated these infections can last for years, yes. But one risks the chance of a disseminated infection that can be difficult to treat. Thus regular testing is key along with treatment for any exposure--even if the test is negative is a good public health practice for stds. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Gonorrhea the clap
- What was known as the clap?
- Also known as german measles
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Also known as good cholesterol
- Also known as dry mouth
- Also known as baldness
- Calcium carbonate also known as
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free