Doctor insights on:
Why Is Castor Oil Good For Hair Loss
Would it be good to put castor oil on areas of hair loss due to seb dermatitis to re-grow the hair?
Alopecia is the loss of hair. Hair loss can be caused by different reasons, including damage to the hair shaft or follicles. Fungal infections can also cause hair loss. There are two main types of alopecia. Alopecia areata occurs when the body's immune system attacks hair follicles and causes hair to fall out. Androgenetic alopecia, on the other hand, is an inherited form of hair loss. With alopecia areata, hair can fall out in patches all over the body. With androgenetic alopecia, hair on the head thins and falls out. In men, this is called male pattern hair loss; in women, it is called female diffuse hair loss. About 60% of people with androgenetic alopecia are men. Hair loss caused by ...Read more
No: Sorry, it won't help.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is tea tree oil good for hair loss?
- Why is coconut oil good for hair?
- Is almond oil good for hair loss?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Castor oil for hair loss
- Is castor oil good for wrinkles?
- Why is avocado oil good for the skin?
- Is castor oil good for acne?
- Talk to a dermatologist online