Doctor insights on:
Why Is Calamine Solution Applied On Ant Bites
Neutralization: Calamine solution contains zinc carbonate (basic ph) and ant's sting contains formic acid. The reaction between the acid and the base neutralizes the effect of the sting. Taking an oral antihistamine such as Benadryl (diphenhydramine) or Claritin and applying a topical steroid cream also help. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Not a big deal: Don't worry about it, but if for some reason it remains red and swollen for a few days afterward then think about infection. ...Read more
I wouldn't try: To drain them. You will only set yourself up for infections and possible scarring. . Instead go to the drug store and look on the itch relief section. There are some effective alternatives there. The Benadryl (diphenhydramine) line and the Hydrocortisone line (sprays, creams etc) are quite helpful. Hope this helps. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why is calamine solution applied on skin when an ant bites?
- Why do ant bites itch?
- Why do ant bites itch at night?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Red ant bite hurts a lot not like black ant why
- Calamine lotion for flea bites
- Calamine lotion mosquito bites
- Will calamine reduce the swelling of mosquito bites
- Talk to a dermatologist online