Doctor insights on:
Why Is A Mans Semen Stringy
Semen Volume: The semen volume is not the important issue for fertility, the sperm number and quality are the important factors. Of these two factors, i consider quality the most important. We can easily measure number, movement and shape of sperm. Quality or fertilizing potential is not a single measurement. See http://bit.Ly/ydhbbd. I use the sa to estimate the ability of the sperm to fertilize the egg. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Sex: Semen is generally white and opaque rather than clear and stringy goop, but without seeing this it is difficult to comment on. It may simply be a combination of your own secretions (vaginal lubrication) and semen, or perhaps you are one of those women who is a "squirter", with the equivalent of ejaculation for a man. Sometimes the volume of this can be impressive. ...Read more
Yes: At times, semen may have a faint odor, other times not. It usually depends on diet. Asparagus can give both urine and semen an odor like asparagus. Fruit juices or coconut can also impart their odors to semen. Extremely foul odors are not normal and need to be checked out. Thanks for trusting HealthTap! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Stringy semen
- Reasons for stringy semen
- What causes stringy semen?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What causes semen to be thick and stringy?
- What causes a mans cum to be stringy?
- Why is my seminal fluid stringy?
- Why is my period brown and stringy?
- Talk to a urologist online for free