Doctor insights on:
Why Does Your Heart Rate Increase After Exercise
I am a 90 yr old retired dentist with heart disease. I am having trouble with dizzines even though the dosage was cut to 25mg. If I stop taking it, my fibrillation and heart rate increase a lot.
Does your heart rate increase as the day goes by like example my resting heart rate way 60 this morning now after breakfast it's 80. Is this normal?
Increases: If it doesn't increase, you need to see a doctor! (the condition is called "chronotropic incompetence"). ...Read more
Depends: Depends on how into it you are. ...Read more
It may not: There can be a small temporary decrease or increase in your heart rate immediately before or after a sneeze. This is not from the sneeze itself, but it is related to the deep breath taken before the sneeze or the sudden blowing out of air during the sneeze. These large changes in filling of one's lungs can change the pressure inside the chest, and briefly affect the heart rate. ...Read more
Many reasons: Heart rate increases with fever. It increases with pain (which usually accompanies flu). It increases with dehydration, which happens more quickly than normal if you have a fever and aren't drinking well enough. It increases with combinations of all of the above. Rarely, it happens because the virus that is making you sick effects your heart directly. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why does exercise increase your heart rate?
- Why does heart rate increase after exercise?
- Why does your heart rate go up after you exercise?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why does your breathing rate change after you exercise?
- Why does rate heart stay up after exercise?
- Why does your heart rate increase when you are vertical vs horizontal?
- Why does the number of jumping jacks you do increase your heart rate?
- Talk to a cardiologist online