Doctor insights on:
Why Does Your Diastolic Pressure Sometimes Lower After Exercise
Vaso-dilation: Because of peripheral vaso-dilation.Get a more detailed answer ›
How low?: If you do not have any symptoms and is it is between to 60 mmhg, it is probably normal for you. It is hard to diagnose someone just based on a number, may things can cause a drop in the diastolic bp, infections, dehydration, hormonal problems, heart problems, pregnancy, blood loss, lack of nutrient among many others. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I took a pre-workout drink once, and ever since my diastolic pressure is >90. What can I do to lower it?
Doubtful: I doubt that the two occurrences are related. Are you measuring your BP at complete rest (for 15 minutes)? Is the cuff large enough for your biceps ? Many brands of birth control pills cause htn. I suspect one of the above 3 issues is contributing - not the drink. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
He can: There are many medications that can reduce the diastolic blood pressure. A combination of several of them might be needed but it should be possible to lower the pressure. Of course, if you are on several medications, you are more likely to get side effects. So the problem is lowering it without intolerable side effects. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Here are some reason: During excercise the muscles increase demand for blood and therefore the arterial system is dilated for increased blood flow. Additionally excercise in general increases the compliance of the vessels and as a result diastolic blood pressure is decreased. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Physiology: Diastolic pressure reflects the properties of the arterial tree in between heart beats. Exercise causes blood vessels to dilate, reducing resistance to forward flow (decreased impedance or afterload). Diastolic pressure remains the same or even falls following vigorous exercise. Systolic pressure initially rises but it falls to below baseline levels during cooldown. This is normal exercise physio. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why does your finger sometimes turn purple after a injury?
- Why does your breathing rate change after you exercise?
- Why does your heart rate increase after exercise?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why are there normally no significant increases in diastolic pressure after exercise?
- Why does blood pressure increase after light exercise?
- Why does my diastolic pressure drop sometimes when i work out?
- Why are there no significant increases in diastolic pressure after exercise?
- Talk to a cardiologist online