Doctor insights on:
Why Does Your Body Temperature Rise When You Are Infected With A Virus
What benefits do a sauna and steam room have I have heard since it elevate your body temperature it helps fight bacteria and virus?
None: There are no known health benefits to sauna and steam room. People just think it feels good. Theoretically, warming your muscles might help exercise or post-exercise pain by increasing blood flow and flushing out the lactic acids that can build up. But you have to be careful not to raise your body temperature too much. It can be dangerous with certain medical conditions. ...Read more
T and NK cells: T cells primarily kill virus-infected cells by a cytotoxic mechanism in which the virus proteins are displayed on the surface of the cell by normal cell metabolism and is recognized as foreign by circulating t cells. Natural killer (nk) cells may also play a part. To a lesser extent, b cells may also be involved through antibodies. ...Read more
What is a treatment for hpv? Please let me know asap... And how dose it's get virus. What dose infect in body? Please help me out here:(
HPV: Your question is asking for information that would take up a full textbook. Hpv is a viral infection. It, in general, is thought to be transmitted sexually but it can be transmitted skin to skin. 96% of americans have been exposed by age 26. Until recently there was nothing to do about it but treat warts that come up. But now there is a vaccine, gardisil, for the most deadly version of this. ...Read more
My mother has symptoms like flu. And a CBC shows low WBC and high Monocytes. She had influenza A 3 montsh ago. Is she infected with a virus?
YES: It can occur to patients called overlap syndromes. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does your body temperature drop or rise when ovulating?
- Why does your body ache when you have the flu?
- Why does your heart rate increase when you are vertical vs horizontal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does your body temperature rise you pregnant?
- Is your body temperature higher when you are pregnant?
- When does your body know you are pregnant
- How does your body change when you are pregnant?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online