Doctor insights on:
Why Does Wife Say She Has To Wait 6wks To Have Sex After A Hysterectomy
Couples often worry about having sex during pregnancy. They may be afraid that having sex could cause a miscarriage or harm the baby. It is best to talk to your doctor or nurse midwife about your specific situation to make sure you are considered at low risk for complications such a ...Read more
6 weeks: The usual recommendation is to avoid vaginal intercourse, or anything in the vagina for 6 weeks. This allows the stitches at the top of the vagina to heal properly. Clitoral stimulation, if it is comfortable, is safe before 6 weeks. Orgasm, because it causes contraction of pelvic muscles, may pull on healing tissue and might be uncomfortable in the weeks after pelvic surgery. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
After having lapascopic hysterectomy partial is 4 weeks long enough wait to have sex with my husband?
No: ask your doctor for their recommendation. minimum is 6 six weeks, maybe longer. depends how the vaginal cuff was closed. ...Read more
Partial hysterectomy: it is usually recommended to wait 4-6 weeks, to allow for healing and prevent infection ...Read more
Healing: The body needs to heal. If you had a supracervical hysterectomy, the penis will be hitting the cervix, the remaining part of the uterus. If you had a total hysterectomy, you actually need to wait ten weeks to have sex. The vaginal cuff is delicate and needs time to heal. If you have sex to early, the penis can break right through the vaginal cuff and you will end up back in the operating room. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Cuff Dehiscence: Stitches are placed at the top of the vagina to close it. Stitches typically take 6 weeks to fully dissolve. While they are in place, the top of the vagina is more rigid. Anything in your vagina too soon can tear your vagina, called a vaginal cuff dehiscence. This leaves a hole through which your small intestine can fall. It's a serious situation that requires immediate surgery. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No longer tender: Then safe to proceed.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long after your hysterectomy do you have to wait to have sex?
- How long should you wait to have sex after a tubal ligation?
- How long should i wait to have sex after a miscarriage?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long should you wait to have sex after a colposcope with biopsy?
- How long should i wait to have sex after a lithotripsy?
- Is it okay to have sex 4 wks after giving birth or is it a must to wait 6 wks?
- How long after having sex do you wait to take a pregnancy test?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free