Doctor insights on:
Why Does The Doctor Sync With The R Waves For Sync Cardioversion
Developed arythmia 18 months ago. Didn't have insurance at the time, so I let it go. Was still able to run, play soccer, swim. My Prime care physician recommended cardioversion....but that failed twice. Finally, Oct 1st of 2014, I had a 6 1/2 hour ablatio
Hi doc, I am a fifty year old male who has 3 to 4 AF attacks a year they are usually dealt with by cardioversion easily. This last time (3 weeks ago) I was not converted successfully. I always know the minute I go into AF and the minute I come out because
Question cut off: Please re-ask and clarify.Get a more detailed answer ›
Can't tolerate amiodarone / multaq for AFib. Unbearable side effects. Been in rhythm with chemical cardioversion. Alternatives? ? My
doc say no.
Treatments for AFib: Electrohysiologists may be able to map your heart to find the foci which need to be ablated (ablation therapy)in order to stop the atrial fibrillation, since you are sensitive to medications. There are other medications which will control the rate of atrial fibrillation (such as old fashioned digitalis, slowing the rate, blocking it down, and calcium channel blockers which you might tolerate. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Timed shock: This is a cardioversion (shock) given to the heart that is timed to a certain point in the cardiac cycle so that the heart rhythm can be reset without causing further rhythm problems. This is the most common type of shock delivered for rhythms such as atrial fibrillation. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Unusual... Mg defic?: Are u sure the V Fib is related to an MI? Oftentimes Magnesium deficiency shows up with a predisposition to V fib/ V tach as well as hair loss. Magnesium is the "master electrolyte" & needs to be fixed b4 any other electrolyte correction; however, if ur Mg levels r normal, then hair loss is due to other things - a random event that correlated (unfortunately) w/ the stress of ur MI. TTYD & explain. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why does it take so long for the symptoms of salmonella food poisoning to appear?
- Does the clean kid manual work for kids with encopresis?
- What does the doctor do at 18 for a prostate exam?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does the doctor do during a colonoscopy and what is he looking for?
- What type of doctor does surgery on the spine for herniated disc?
- Why does the top of my butt hurt after running for a few days?
- Why does my baby cry with the babysitter?
- Talk to a cardiologist online