Doctor insights on:
Why Does Rust Cause Tetanus
Scratch myself at work today very small cut a centimeter long not deep the basket had some rust on it I'm freaking out about the whole tetanus thing?
If tetanus thrives in rust and can be got by small scratches, why weren't cases more than 1 in 100,000 in USA in 1930s? Surely more than that got cuts
No: The tetanus is carried in rusty nails, etc. by the spores of the organism which are usually found in contaminated soil and especially around farm animals. Even with contamination, the spores must enter the body and a flake of rust in the tears will not do this. You are not at risk. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Tetanus from shaving with or without rust spot on razor. Can the cut be a nick or does it have to be deep?
Should i get a tetanus shot? I've been getting small cuts/ scratches from metal lately i checked and i don't think there was rust. I am a hypochondriac
I cut my self with an exposed metal on a plastic bag holder. I didn't see any rust on it as far as i know but not 100% sure. Do i need a tetanus shot?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Rust and tetanus
- Could daily exposure to rust cause tetanus or some other type of illness
- Tetanus from rust
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What causes rust on lettuce?
- Diseases caused by rust
- Why does a tetanus shot make your arm sore?
- Why does constipation cause bloating?
- Talk to a pediatrician online