Doctor insights on:
Why Does Penicillin Make You Gassy
Doxycycline: Doxycycline for 2-4 weeks is recommended if penicillin cannot be given, or sometimes ceftriaxone. However, penicillin is by far the best drug. If you had a severe penicillin allergy in the past, then probably penicillin should be avoided. Otherwise, it still might be the best choice for you. Discuss it with your doctor or, even better, an infectious diseases or STD specialist. ...Read more
Penicillin: The term "penicillin" is often used generically to refer to benzylpenicillin (penicillin g), procaine benzylpenicillin (procaine penicillin), benzathine benzylpenicillin (benzathine penicillin), and phenoxymethylpenicillin (penicillin v). Procaine penicillin and benzathine penicillin have the same antibacterial activity as benzylpenicillin but act for a longer span of time. Phenoxymethylpenicilli. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Varies: Some reactions are mild, such as hives alone. Others are more serious, with breathing problems and blood pressure drop. Some reactions (like some kinds of rashes) are not actually allergies, but different reactions that may or may not recur when you take the medicine. While it may be easier to just avoid penicillin, if it's important, you can find out if you have a "true" allergy by testing. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does penicillin make you hungry?
- Does nutrisystem make you gassy?
- Does penicillin make you urinate frequently?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does green tea make you gassy?
- What makes you bloated and gassy?
- Do walnuts make you gassy?
- Does the amount of butter in food make people gassy?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online