Doctor insights on:
Why Does One Have To Fast Before A Coronary Angiogram
Nausea: Iodinated contrast can cause nause. Since you are done lying down, if you vomit you are at greater risk for having particles go into the airway. In addition, if you need any sedation to be comfortable during the examine, you must also be with an empty stomach for the same concerns. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Angiogram: Prior to any procedure that requires sedation patients are asked to not eat so to avoid aspiration of food or liquid contents and in the rare chance if urgent surgery with ventialtion support the contents of your stomach will not again cause aspiration related problems. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Coronary Angiogram: A coronay angiogram or catheterization is an invasive diagnostic procedure to evaluate the arteries in the heart looking for plaque, occlusions or blockages caused by cad, coronary artery disease. This test allows the cardiologist to look at the arteries by using contrast fluoroscopy, a type of x-ray, to better evaluate the risk of a cardiac event. http://swcva.com/hospital_procedures.htm. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Abnormal tests: .Get a more detailed answer ›
False positive: If stress test was positive and the angiogram negative (normal) you do have a false positive stress test. If they ever do stress test again be sure they do it with other image modality (nuclear medicine or echocardiograp[hy). These test will make the stress test results more specific and sensitive. Hopefully, with a negative angiogram, you may never need another stress test ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why fast before blood work?
- Why fast before a bun test?
- Why does one woman have a different uniform on womens volleyball?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How many coronary arteries does a person have?
- Why does my lower back hurt extremely bad before i have to make a bowel movement?
- Why does your heart beat so fast after you have been drinking alot of wine?
- Why does monistat 1 burn?
- Talk to a cardiologist online