Doctor insights on:
Why Does My Wrist Hurt After 4 Hours Straight Of Typing
How do I get rid of wrist pain? Complained for 2 weeks but boss wont let me stop typing for 12 hours per day.
Change the job: If your job involves typing for 12 hrs a day it is too much stress on your wrist joint, . Can you run 12 hrs a day? First rest to recuperate, see your physician for some pain medications, splinting of wrist for couple of wks, . If these measures fails you will need conduction studies to rule out carpal, it tunnel syndrome. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Stretch and Movement: Use good posture/ ergonomics when sitting at the desk performing work related activities. Regularly move your neck, shoulders, back and limbs through various positions as a quick range of motion exercise. Occasional stretches of the muscles in these areas will keep them from becoming too tense which can lead to pain. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Interesting question: with tons of possible answers. If somethings affecting your wrist and u drink it could be a fluid issue from swelling or other foods it could be that when you drink pay less attention and aggravate it it hurts more the next day Who could be muscular and electrolyte based. The main issue is wrist pain and it sounds like that should be evaluated. Drinking alcohol may just highlight something. ...Read more
Reactive changes: Cold can trigger pseudo motor changes such as vascular constriction resulting in an exacerbation of pain, particularly with inflammatory overuse disorders or fractures. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why does the tip of my penis hurt after sex?
- Why does the top of my foot hurt after running?
- Why does the top of my butt hurt after running for a few days?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Left-sided tongue pain
- Why does my penis hurt after sex?
- Why does my arm hurt after getting a flu shot?
- Why does my breast hurt one day after ovulation?
- Talk to a hand surgeon online for free