Doctor insights on:
Why Does My Wrist Hurt After 4 Hours Straight Of Typing
How do I get rid of wrist pain? Complained for 2 weeks but boss wont let me stop typing for 12 hours per day.
Change the job: If your job involves typing for 12 hrs a day it is too much stress on your wrist joint, . Can you run 12 hrs a day? First rest to recuperate, see your physician for some pain medications, splinting of wrist for couple of wks, . If these measures fails you will need conduction studies to rule out carpal, it tunnel syndrome. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Stretch and Movement: Use good posture/ ergonomics when sitting at the desk performing work related activities. Regularly move your neck, shoulders, back and limbs through various positions as a quick range of motion exercise. Occasional stretches of the muscles in these areas will keep them from becoming too tense which can lead to pain. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Reactive changes: Cold can trigger pseudo motor changes such as vascular constriction resulting in an exacerbation of pain, particularly with inflammatory overuse disorders or fractures. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why does my wrist hurt so bad?
- Why does my wrist bone hurt?
- Why does my left wrist hurt?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why do my wrists hurt so much after lifting weights?
- Why does my wrist hurt when i do a pushup?
- Why does my wrist hurt when i move it?
- Why does my stomach hurt after eating?
- Talk to a hand surgeon online for free