Doctor insights on:
Why Does My Wife Continue To Get Yeast Infections Is My Semen Feeding The Yeast
It's all about pH: Remember acid/base balance? The normal pH of a woman's vagina is 4.0. The pH of semen is 8.0 and of menstrual blood is 7.4. This is one of the questions i want to ask god when i meet him. A woman's vagina can be a petri dish for infections. Yeast is common but bacterial vaginal infections are 10x more common due to the above referenced pH imbalance. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
My husband is an alcoholic, I've noticed that every time we have sex I get a yeast infection. Can he have excessive build up of yeast and pass the infection to me through his semen? I have waited for months before I have sex and as soon as I do, two days
You are a carrier?: Yeast generally is not transmitted between sex partners. More likely, you carry it in your vagina and physical contact or mild irritation from sex triggers symptoms. Maybe try staying ahead of it with once weekly OTC fluconazole (Diflucan®). If it doesn't work, see gyn to confirm the diagnosis and make sure no underlying problem like diabetes. This has nothing to do w/ husband's alcohol problem. ...Read more
I have HPV & i get BV & yeast infections too often! i mostly notice the BV after intercourse with husband. Is it his semen causing this along with hpv?
Can a male yeast infection cause thick gelatinous semen and very easily irritated redness under tip of penis?
My wife is breast feeding our 2 week old. What are the signs/symptoms of yeast infection of the breast that would require systemic prescription vs topical rx?
White plaques: White plaques on inside cheeks.Get a more detailed answer ›
It may help in some: It is claimed that it is helpful and may help some and used by some, but not always effective. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it possible to get a yeast infection in my prostate gland?
- Why is my head sensitive to the touch when i have an ear infection?
- Why do i get raised whelps on my back and it is hot to the touch and hurts?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why is my pines bent to the left when i get a hardon?
- Why do i get yeast infections after my period?
- Why do i get yeast infections before my period?
- Why do i keep getting yeast infections before my period?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free