Doctor insights on:
Why Does My Vagina Swell Up
Swelling is the enlargement of organs, skin, or other body parts. It is caused by a buildup of fluid in the tissues. The extra fluid can lead to a rapid increase in weight over a short period of time (days to weeks). Swelling can occur all over the body (generalized) or only in one part ...Read more
Many possibilities: The most likely reason would be a yeast infection. However, it could also be an allergic reaction from exposure to soap, doedorant (found in some tampons/pads), laundry detergents, spermicides, etc. Other possibilities would include std's such as chlamydia, gonorrhea, herpes, or hpv. Finally, there are dermatologic conditions like lichen sclerosus et atrophicus, padgets disease, and others. ...Read more
Yes: Many things can.Get a more detailed answer ›
Even if I have gentle sex the lower portion of my vagina right at opening hurts and tends to swell, what can I do to stop it.
Yes: Intercourse can cause trauma and irritation to the vagina if there is insufficient lubrication or if there is an infection. If this happens more than once, it would be a good idea to have it checked out to make sure you don't have a yeast infection, or other type of infection. Best wishes! ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why does my top lip swell up?
- Why does my upper lip swell up?
- Why does my foot swell up?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why does my tongue swell up?
- Why does my feet swell up?
- Why does my hand swell up?
- Why does my eye swell up?
- Why does my vagina swell up and itch sometimes?