Doctor insights on:
Why Does My Vagina Swell Up
Many possibilities: The most likely reason would be a yeast infection. However, it could also be an allergic reaction from exposure to soap, doedorant (found in some tampons/pads), laundry detergents, spermicides, etc. Other possibilities would include std's such as chlamydia, gonorrhea, herpes, or hpv. Finally, there are dermatologic conditions like lichen sclerosus et atrophicus, padgets disease, and others. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Swelling is the enlargement of organs, skin, or other body parts. It is caused by a buildup of fluid in the tissues. The extra fluid can lead to a rapid increase in weight over a short period of time (days to weeks). Swelling can occur all over the body (generalized) or only in one part ...Read more
Yes: Many things can.Get a more detailed answer ›
Yes: The inside of the vagina can swell. The most common cause is a vaginal infection such as yeast or bacterial vaginosis. An infection makes the vaginal tissue inflamed which causes swelling. An allergic reaction to something a woman is placing in her vagina can also cause swelling. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Even if I have gentle sex the lower portion of my vagina right at opening hurts and tends to swell, what can I do to stop it.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why does my nose swell up?
- Why does my stomach swell up when i just have one bite of food?
- Why does my stomach swell up after i eat?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why does my hand swell up?
- Why does my feet swell up?
- Why does my tongue swell up?
- Why does my lip swell up randomly?
- Why does my vagina swell up and itch sometimes?