Doctor insights on:
Why Does My Urine Smell Like Antibiotics
Urine is the product of the kidneys, which is produced to eliminate the waste products of metabolism, manage body fluid balance, &maintain acid-base balance. The blood is first filtered by the kidneys, and the composition of the resulting fluid is then altered depending on the body's needs. It is composed of mostly water, and breakdown products from blood cells impart ...Read more
See 1 more doctor answer
Vitamins or meds?: Urine is a byproduct of the kidneys filtration of the blood. It is common for urine that is concentrated to have a stronger odor. Increasing water intake helps with this. However, vitamins and certain medications can also give the urine a stronger odor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Could be serious: Many things can cause changes in the smell of urine but have not heard of any described exactly like butter. A sweet smell may well be an indicator of diabetes or potentially serious metabolic disorder. If it is consistent or persists you should see your doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Check what you ate: Usually it is due to food intake. For instance, asparagus could change smell of urine among other reasons like onion and garlic. Also, some medicines cause urine smell change like penicillin. Explore more the details of your intake. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why does my urine smell like fish?
- Why does my urine smell like buttered popcorn?
- Why does my urine smell like what i eat?
- Why does my urine smell like poop?
- Why does my urine smell like onions?
- Why does my urine smell like penicillin?
- Why does my urine smell like rotten eggs?
- Why does my urine smell like coffee?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online for free