Doctor insights on:
Why Does My Thyroid Keep Going Up And Then Down
Fatige/dry skin/cons: The following symptoms fatigue dry skin constipation unexplained weight gain depression slow heart rate thinning hair heavier than normal or irregular menstrual periods muscle weakness hoarseness puffy face constipation thinning hair increase sensitivity to cold impaired memory elevated blood cholesterol level muscle ache and joint pains syptoms get worse if not treated with thyroid hormone. ...Read more
Nothing if treated!: If treated appropriately, you do not have to have any long-term consequences from hyperthyroidism. If left untreated, the most serious concern is a heart problem like rapid or irregular heartbeat. Longstanding hyperthyroidism can cause osteoporosis (fragile bones) and fractures. If untreated, other issues can be psychiatric disease, weight loss, trouble sleeping, or eye disease. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why is my blood pressure going up and down?
- Why does my foot keep going numb?
- Why does my hand keep going numb?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why does my arm keep going dead?
- My elbow keeps swelling up then it goes down then comes back why is that
- Why does thyroid medication cause body temperature to go down?
- Why does my lip keep going numb then twitches?
- Why does thyroid go up and down?