Doctor insights on:
Why Does My Period Hurt So Much
Why does my period hurt so bad? It's to the point where I can't get up without sharp pains in my back and I keep vomiting.
Inflammation!: Athough over half of women who have menstrual periods experience some discomfort, 10% are temporarily disabled by symptoms. Women more likely to experience menstrual cramps have: •First menses less then 11 years old. •Heavy bleeding. •Obesity . •Smoking / alcohol use High levels of prostaglandins cause more intense contractions and more pain. Prostaglandins also cause the vomiting & diarrhea. ...Read more
The menstrual cycle begins with the shedding of the uterine lining, resulting in bleeding from the vagina. A few weeks later, one ovary releases an egg and the uterine lining thickens in preparation for a potential pregnancy. Pregnancy can occur at this stage if sperm fertilizes the egg. If the egg is not fertilized, the egg will leave your body and ...Read more
Pain can radiate: anywhere during your period. I usually recommend starting ibuprofen (2) three times a day starting 1 or 2 days before you think you start your cycle. Get ahead of the pain. this will help for most women. Also, getting on birth control pills can help decrease your pain and your flow. ...Read more
Dysmenorrhea: Cramps can effective the back as well as the abdomen. ...Read more
Not sure what stuff: you are referring to. Please ask specifics, then I can answer specifically. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why does my breast hurt so much?
- Why does my lower back hurt so much?
- Why does my upper back hurt so much?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why does my right breast hurt so much?
- Why does my period hurt so bad this time?
- Why do my joints hurt so much?
- Why do my breast hurt so much?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free