Doctor insights on:
Why Does My Pee Smell Like Fish
Urine is the product of the kidneys, which is produced to eliminate the waste products of metabolism, manage body fluid balance, &maintain acid-base balance. The blood is first filtered by the kidneys, and the composition of the resulting fluid is then altered depending on the body's needs. It is composed of mostly water, and breakdown products from blood cells impart ...Read more
See 1 more doctor answer
My pee is clear no color, smells like ammonia and fish, burns,itching and going to the bathroom a lot at night, have chronic cystitis, also a virgin.
Need to see your: pediatrician and have a urinalysis done, and further testing. First see what comes out of the urinalysis in relation to your chronic cystitis. If there is bacteria found, it will have to be treated. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Inherited: About 40% of the population inherits an enzyme that converts a chemical in asparagus into an aromatic sulfur compound which has a strong smell. It is interesting but not harmful. ...Read more
An Infection: Please medical evaluation promptly. ...Read more
Asparagus?: There are not many things that give urine a specific odor. Infection may cause a bad odor. Some people have a specific odor or color to their urine after eating asparagus. Perhaps you are eating something occasionally that is causing your urine odor to change at times. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why does my poop smell like fish?
- Why does my pee smell like tuna?
- Why does my pee smell like coffee?
- Why does my pee smell like popcorn?
- Why does my pee smell like coffee after i drink coffee?
- Why does my sweat smell like vinegar when i wake up?
- Why does my stool smell like sulfur?
- Why does my discharge smell like ammonia?
- Why does my vagina smell like fish after sex?