Doctor insights on:
Why Does My Leg Feel Like It Is Burning
May be sciatic n: Are the symptoms position related? The sciatic nerve from L5 can be compressed at several points along its path. Your symptoms suggest its compression by the piriformis muscle. However, any associated weakness or sensory disturbance should be evaluated. Other causes may be meralgia paresthetica, bursitis, or even referred pain from LS spine or SI joint. If condition persists, please see PCP. ...Read more
My leg is always in pain and hurts to the touch and is numb and feels like it is burning what could be causing this it is my right leg and above the knee and it is getting harder to deal with. I do not know what could be causing this i need help please,
Numbness : Numbness and burning in the upper thigh without muscle weakness is often caused by a nerve entrapment or neuropathy called meralgia paresthetica. There is a sensory nerve that supplies the skin of the thigh but not muscle. This is called the lateral femoral cutaneous nerve. This nerve travels through the groin and is sometimes irritated as it passes in front of the iliac crest at the hip. It is often seen in pregnant women, overweight people (especially diabetics) and sometimes with trauma. It is usually treated with medication. Sometimes a nerve decompression is done and sometimes the nerve is injected. A femoral neuropathy would involve the front of the thigh and would also involve strength in the quadriceps muscle. This can be more serious. ...Read more
Sounds like a nerve: Problem. See your doctor for an exam. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why does my skin feel like it is burning?
- Why does my face feel like it is burning?
- Why does my thigh feel like its burning?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why does my nose feel like its burning?
- Why does my skin feel like its burning?
- Why does my knee feel like its burning?
- Why does my stomach feel like its burning?
- Why does my leg feel like its burning?