Doctor insights on:
Why Does My Hand Fracture Have A Pulsating Feeling
Not elevated: The blood supply to the hand is so good that any injury will throb for 2-4 days after injury or surgery. Keeping the injured part above the level of the heart will minimize this. Throbbing after this interval may represent a problem that should be evaluated by your treating doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
Rather quickly...: Compared to other bones. Hand fractures are often healed in 3-4 weeks. At that point they will often not appear to be healed on xrays but these lag behind the actual healing. Because stiffness in the hand is much more common than poor fracture healing, immobilization of hand fractures needs to be for as short a time as possible. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Almost anything...: The hands are very often injured because they are our connection to the outside world. Symptoms and signs of hand fractures include pain, deformity, point tenderness, swelling. They can be caused by direct blows to the hand, twisting injuries, and crush injuries. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Broken bone is also known as Fracture. A bone fracture is a condition in which there is a break in the bone. It can be caused by a high force injury or it may result from a previous medical condition that involves weakening of the bone. Common symptoms include severe pain, swelling of the surrounding ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why does my lower back hurt extremely bad before i have to make a bowel movement?
- Why does my eye hurt when i have a cold?
- Why does having a large bowel movement make my right testicle hurt?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why does my babys head have a ridge?
- I have a itcy rash on my neck and the top of my hands why
- Why does my ankle have a sharp pain when i bend over?
- I have bulging veins in my hands does that mean that i have a heart problem
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free