Doctor insights on:
Why Does My Eyes Hurt When I Lean Over
Eye acke: What is your age, For how long you had the symptoms. How severe is the pain, is present all the time on looking to the side? Did you weared contact lenses? Have you seen a physician? You will require an ophthalmologist, have the eye pressure checked, have an MRI of the orbits done. ...Read more
See an eye doctor: The most common cause of pain on eye movement is atypical headache, which is often relieved with Ibuprofen or aspirin. Less common, but more concerning, is a condition called retrobulbar optic neuritis, which typically affects women in their 40s, and is often associated with vision changes as well. I strongly recommend you see an eye doctor as soon as possible to rule this out. ...Read more
Dry eye syndrome: Adequate tears are necessary to lubricate the top layer of the cornea, the clear dome over the fron of your eye and the conjunctiva, the "skin" over your eye ball. When they are insufficient, small defects can occur in the top layer, exposung nerves underneath- and this causes discomfort, sandy or gritty feeling and pain. Winter and indoor heating is probably making this worse. ...Read more
For the past couple weeks, every day when I wake up my eyes hurt really bad... Especially when I open them... ?
The sun is strong: Sunlight is modified by a number of reflexes to minimize damage to the eyes. If you have a sudden, and new sensitivity to sunlight, then there could be inflammation of the surface of the eye or inside. If this is true, then see your ophthalmologist to determine if your eyes are fine. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why does my head hurt when i bend over?
- Why does my eye hurt when i bend over?
- Why my eyes hurt when i bend over?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why does my upper back hurt when i breathe deeply?
- Why does my back hurt when i cough?
- Why does my chest hurt when i sneeze?
- Why does it hurt when i pee on my period?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free