Doctor insights on:
Why Does My Eye Twitch Constantly
Common causes: Eyelid twitching is very common, and can occur from stress, fatigue, lack of sleep, and overuse of stimulants such as caffeine and decongestants. Local eye irritation can also add to this, such as dry eye, allergy, and blepharitis (eyelid infection, inflammation). Eyestrain and excessive reading can contribute. Try reducing the stress/stimulant factors, and get an eye exam for the other causes. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Fairly common: An eyelid twitch (also called blepharospasm) is often due to stress, lack of sleep, or too much caffeine. Anything irritating your eye can also cause the twitch, so if it persists, or if you experience any other abnormal symptoms, follow up with your local ophthalmologist. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why does under my left eye twitch nonstop?
- Why does my right eye keep twitching?
- Why does my left eye lid keep twitching?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why does my eye twitch everyday?
- Why does my left eye keep twitching?
- Why is my eye constantly twitching?
- Why does the bottom of my eye keep twitching?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free