Doctor insights on:
Why Does My Calf Hurt When I Run
Tight Calf Muscles!: The reason your calf hurts is how tight the entire muscle group is. When you stand on your toes, the calf muscle contracts, and if it is tight, then you may have pain. Performing runners' stretches are very beneficial and should help reduce the pain. If it continues, seek medical treatment with a podiatrist. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Different reasons: I would need to have more history. Do you have history of injuries to the low back. Sometimes spinal stenosis is one condition that triggers low back pain with walking. Is the pain only in back or do you get numbness in the legs also? If so, neurogenic claudication could be part of the condition. Other possibilities: facet joint problem or the hip if the pain is noticed more on buttock area. ...Read more
See a doctor: These are 2 very vague symptoms and should be worked up by a doctor. ...Read more
Too general : A question that warrants a visit to your foot/ankle doc. Pain is a indication something is wrong, go get it checked out. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why does my inner calf hurt when i run?
- Why does my left knee hurt when i run?
- Why does my side hurt when i run?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why does my shin hurt when i run?
- Why does my chest hurt when i run?
- Why does my achilles hurt when i run?
- Neck pain when running
- Talk to a sports medicine specialist online for free