Doctor insights on:
Why Does My Baby Seem To Be Eating Less
Can be normal: Children have appetites that vary. As toddlers (12-24 months in particular) they will have days they eat like an adult and days they eat not at all. As long as baby feels good and acts normal just monitor appetite.Be sure he/she is drinking to stay hydrated. Sometimes appetite decreases when teething or if they are feeling badly. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Six month visit: Most babies develop the ability to swallow a serving of pureed baby food at around 5 months. The baby can begin solids at age 6 months. This is a good topic to discuss at the pediatrician's at the six month visit. Baby rice cereal is fortified with iron and is usually the first solid food to start. The baby is then introduced to a variety of vegetables and fruits, and then meat. ...Read more
No: There is absolutely no risk/problem.Get a more detailed answer ›
Birth, but: Fifty years ago some kids were fed solids as soon as they got home because the home made formula was better for cows than babies.Noe that breast feeding or modern formulas are here, they do not need anything for the first year.Most recommend they start after they can sit up and the tongue thrust fades at 6mo. Early feedings risk hospitalization for food reactions, later, not so risky. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why is my baby feeding less?
- Why does my baby shiver when eating?
- Why when i bend down does my heart seem to flutter?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why does it seem my overbite is getting worse i grind at night?
- Why is my weight staying the same if im eating less?
- Baby suddenly eating less
- Why does poison oak not seem so bad?
- Why is my baby suddenly eating less?