Doctor insights on:
Why Does It Take So Long For The Symptoms Of Salmonella Food Poisoning To Appear
The transmission: of salmonella usually occurs via consumption of contaminated foods: beef, poultry or eggs most commonly. The salmonella bacteria attach to the intestinal lining and are internalized to the intestinal wall. They then spread through the reticuloendothelial system to the liver, spleen and bone marrow. This process, leading to bacteria being found in the blood stream, takes up to 14 days. ...Read more
Toxic ingestion (also called "poisoning") is a condition in which a person has eaten or drank a substance that causes ill symptoms or damage to his body. Taking an overdose of a medicine, taking any dose of a poison, drinking too much vodka, or accidentally drinking antifreeze . . . are all ...Read more
Can salmonella food poisoning have any serious long term effects after treated/cured? Can it lead to different problems? Ex: chickenpox into shingles?
No long term effects: Once in a while, people become carriers of Salmonella for a few weeks or months after they get over the initial infection. However, this is rare and harmless. It creates risk for other persons potentially exposed to your feces, but that's prevented by everyday, standard hygiene, like hand washing after toilet. So don't worry about this at all. ...Read more
Bacterial infection: Saonella is a bacteria often found in poultry which causes intestinal infection in humans. Symptoms include diarrhea which may be bloody, fever, chills, stomach cramps, and sometimes nausea and vomiting. Most people will recover without any treatment but the infection can be very dangerous to the elderly, children or the sick. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for hiv symptoms to appear?
- How long does it take for flu symptoms to appear?
- How long does it take for aids symptoms to appear?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why does hemodialysis take so long?
- How long does it take to develop symptoms from food poisoning?
- How long does it take food poisoning to show symptoms?
- Long does take food poisoning come
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free