Doctor insights on:
Why Does Hypothyroidism Cause Weight Gain
Ok so I know some of you(drs.)have replied about this similar question:can takn 2much thyroid for hypothyroidism cause weight gain, was on 200mcg, 150.?
Usually not: The standard answer would be no, but everything to do with thyroid can be reversed. There are other reasons not to over-replace thyroid. Heart rhythm can get out of whack. Bone density can go down. You can have emotional reactions. There was a time when thyroid med was given to lose weight. Not any more. Get your level checked! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Can a TSH level of 6.4u/ml and free T4 of 10pmol/l cause severe hypothyroid symptoms such as weight gain, extreme fatigue, aches, intolerance to cold?
Both results in the: Abnromal range but not by too much. In any case the levels are indicative of thyroid deficiency and could lead to your symptoms. Please see your doctor for replacement therapy. ...Read more
See below YES: The role of dietary fructose in the development of obesity and fatty liver diseases remains controversial, with previous studies indicating that the problems resulted from fructose and a diet too high in calories. However, a new study conducted in an animal model at wake forest baptist medical center showed that fructose rapidly caused liver damage even without weight gain. See your md if youhave? ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor online
- Why does effexor cause weight gain?
- Why does tenex cause weight gain in children?
- Why does lyrica cause weight gain?
- Why does depakote cause weight gain?
- Why does fibrous and ovarian cyst cause weight gain?
- Why does hypothyroidism cause low gastrin level?
- Why does hypothyroidism cause brittle or thin hair?
- Why does hypothyroidism cause low hemoglobin?
- Why does the depo-provera shot cause weight gain?