Doctor insights on:
Why Does Hypothyroidism Cause Weight Gain
Ok so I know some of you(drs.)have replied about this similar question:can takn 2much thyroid for hypothyroidism cause weight gain, was on 200mcg, 150.?
Usually not: The standard answer would be no, but everything to do with thyroid can be reversed. There are other reasons not to over-replace thyroid. Heart rhythm can get out of whack. Bone density can go down. You can have emotional reactions. There was a time when thyroid med was given to lose weight. Not any more. Get your level checked! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
The thyroid gland is an endocrine organ located in the front part of the neck. Its role is to make thyroid hormones, which control the way cells use energy. Hyperthyroidism results when the thyroid gland is overactive and too much thyroid hormone is produced, which speeds up metabolism. This results in weight loss, a quick heartbeat, sweating, nervousness, ...Read more
Can a TSH level of 6.4u/ml and free T4 of 10pmol/l cause severe hypothyroid symptoms such as weight gain, extreme fatigue, aches, intolerance to cold?
Both results in the: Abnromal range but not by too much. In any case the levels are indicative of thyroid deficiency and could lead to your symptoms. Please see your doctor for replacement therapy. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why does tenex cause weight gain in children?
- Why does lyrica cause weight gain?
- Why does depakote cause weight gain?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why does hypothyroidism cause low gastrin level?
- Why does hypothyroidism cause brittle or thin hair?
- Weight gain from hypothyroidism
- Average weight gain with hypothyroidism
- Why does effexor cause weight gain?