Doctor insights on:
Why Does Hyperventilation Reduce Intracranial Pressure
Intracranial pressur: Reducing intracranial pressure is really based on what is causing the pressure. In some cases a spinal tap can be done, there are medications available that can reduce fluid pressure and if do to an obstruction then a tube can be place (a shunt) to bypass the obstruction. ...Read more
What drugs are advised fofr someone with a brain tumor to reduce intracranial pressure when flying?
ICP: Intraventricular drain connected to an external pressure transducer, ventricular microtransducers, Transcranial ultrasonography. ...Read more
Intracranial pressur: This type of monitoring should not affect you after the procedure unless there was an unexpected complication from the procedure ...Read more
ICP: Cerebral tumor, hydrocepahlus, intracranial bleed.Get a more detailed answer ›
Depends on cause: Intracranial pressure is a serious condition that can cause brain damage if not treated promptly. If cause is temporary there are medications that can be used. If this is a permanent problem it is usually treated with a VP (vetriculo-peritoneal) shunt. That is a tube that runs from the ventricles in the brain to the abdomen. It lets the fluid drain out of the brain and prevents damage. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why does increased intracranial pressure cause projectile vomiting?
- Intracranial pressure
- Does caffeine cause hyperventilation?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Effects of increased intracranial pressure
- Position for increased intracranial pressure
- Codman intracranial pressure monitor
- Stages of increased intracranial pressure
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free