Doctor insights on:
Why Does Excess Iron Cause Constipation
Phlebotomy: For hemochromatosis (an inherited iron overload condition), treatment includes phlebotomy (removing blood in the same way as donating blood). This, of course, must be done under medical supervision. An option for those with iron overload due to multiple blood transfusions is the medication deferasirox, a chelating agent. ...Read more
Not Likely: Unless you are sucking on a sugar based source of iron, iron supplements are generally swallowed and not a source of increased decay. If you have dry mouth associated with the reason for your iron deficiency, then the dry mouth condition can increase decay. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Smoking for decades, dr showed me photo of autopsy, is the black specks on lungs from excess iron or something?
Anthracosis: Black specs are called anthracosis. They are particles of soot, tar, and other environmental pollutants that we breathe in and are filtered out of the air by our lungs. The body cannot dissolve or absorb them, so they deposit over time. Everyone has some, but usually it is much heavier and darker in smokers. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Iron supplement that does not cause constipation
- Why does constipation cause bloating?
- Why does calcium cause constipation?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does too much iron cause constipation?
- Will iron supplements cause constipation
- Is it excess iron intake causing my heavy periods?
- Why does constipation cause urination and how can i treat it?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online