Doctor insights on:
Why Does Dialysis Change Your Skin Color
Simple answer is that it is a medical technology used primarily to provide an artificial replacement for lost kidney function in people with renal failure. Hemodialysis remove wastes and excess water from the blood by circulating blood outside the body through an external filter, called a dialyzer. Blood and dialysate flow through in opposite directions and the ...Read more
Dialysis: In general dialysis patients do complain of dry, darker skin, itching, etc. However one should keep in mind that these are complications of severe kidney insufficiency and result of toxins accumulating in your body. These skin changes are not from dialysis, in fact the whole goal of dialysis is to help and remove these toxins from your body. ...Read more
Skin bleaching: Your skin color is determined by your genetic family background, and by how much sun you are exposed to. Some people have naturally dark skin, while others have lighter skin, and this fact is based alot on what part of the world your ancestors came from. If you want lighter skin, you must not get any sun at all, and you can buy bleaching creams to try to make the skijn lighter. ...Read more
Eczema changes: Eczema may cause skin changes including thickening or discoloration. It may take up to a year for skin to become normal as new skin regenerates. Moisturizing may help this. However, skin discoloration may be persistent. Other secondary causes of skin discoloration with eczema may need to be looked at (infection or topical medications). Best to discuss with your dermatologist. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does your skin color change on sialysis?
- Why does your skin darken during dialysis?
- Does marijuana changes your skin color from the face?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can beta carotene change your skin color?
- Does hiv change your stool color?
- Does benadryl change your poop color?
- Why does the hair color of some babies change when they get older?
- Talk to a dermatologist online