Doctor insights on:
Why Does Depakote Cause Weight Gain
Divalproex, is a seizure medicine, the generic name is valporic acid, it has been in the market as an antiseizure medicine for long time, it is a good medicine, helps to control almost all types of common seizures, partial, generalized, absence, myoclonic, atonic, ..Etc.It can be used as a mood stabilizer in psychiatric patients. It has adverse effects on the liver, ...Read more
I understand divalproex sodium causes weight gain by affecting insulin resistance/metabolic syndrome. What explains the weight gain from gabapentin?
See below YES: The role of dietary fructose in the development of obesity and fatty liver diseases remains controversial, with previous studies indicating that the problems resulted from fructose and a diet too high in calories. However, a new study conducted in an animal model at wake forest baptist medical center showed that fructose rapidly caused liver damage even without weight gain. See your md if youhave? ...Read more
Depakote is the brand name for a medication known as valproic acid. It is most commonly used to treat seizures, though it can also be used as a mood stabilizer in certain psychiatric disorders. It is used to treat multiple seizure types and can be used alone or with other seizure medications if needed. Common side effects include nausea, dizziness, ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor online
- Why does effexor cause weight gain?
- Why does hypothyroidism cause weight gain?
- Why does tenex cause weight gain in children?
- Why does lyrica cause weight gain?
- Weight gain with depakote
- Why does fibrous and ovarian cyst cause weight gain?
- Does depakote cause hearing lost?
- Does temazepam cause weight gain?
- Why does the depo-provera shot cause weight gain?