Doctor insights on:
Why Does Cold Weather Affect Rheumatoid Arthritis
Joint capsule: Though it hasn't been proven, it is believed that atmospheric changes can cause the joint capsule (covering around the joint) to swell and thus feel painful. Tufts University researchers studied this in 2007 and research was also done many years ago in The Netherlands. The pain is associated with falling barometric pressure and falling temperatures. ...Read more
Paraffin: Hi gemini, various measures can be taken to keep your hands warm in colder weather. There are, of course, obvious things like wearing gloves. Any pair of comfortable gloves will do, but if you want something tighter, protective and easy to function with, try isotoner gloves. Another measure is paraffin baths, a wax that is heated. Try it with an ot or purchase a unit for home use. ...Read more
Autoimmune: Jra (also called jia) for juvenille idiopathic arthritis is a disease of unknown etiology. Joint deformity and dysfunction can result from the damage caused by the dysfunctional immune system rheumatologists can provide appropriate diagnosis and treatment which often entails immune suppressants. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Help please. Could drinking multiple cups of tea seriously affect symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis?
No.: It would not. Although not tested, tea is rich in anti-oxidants, and "may" be beneficial! ...Read more
How does systemic juvenile rheumatoid arthritis affect someone during adulthood if it is different from rheumatoid arthritis?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why does the cold affect psoriatic arthritis?
- Why does rainy weather affect arthritis?
- Why does rain affect rheumatoid arthritis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why does the weather affect arthritis?
- Why does rheumatoid arthritis flare up at night?
- Why does the cold affect heart rate?
- How does caffeine affect rheumatoid arthritis?
- Talk to a rheumatologist online for free