Doctor insights on:
Why Does Cocaine Deform Your Nose
No: but if it causes inflammation, that could cause some temporary swelling inside the nose. If people snort cocaine intranasally, it can cause damage to the nasal septum, the cartilage between the two nostrils, and in severe cases, a hole can form and ultimately the nose can collapse, which can have the appearance of a larger flattened nose (called a 'saddle nose deformity). ...Read more
My friend did cocaine on two separate occasions two years ago and was wondering if she had could have caused permanent damage to her nose?
Yes, as you have: probably found out. It can do so much damage, that the wal between the nostrils (the nasal septum) can deteriorate and get a large hole, and ultimately be completely destroyed, causing the nose to collapse. And that isn't the worst thing that Cocaine does - it takes over your life, bankrupts you, gets you arrested, and causes heart attacks, strokes, depression and psychosis. QUIT NOW. GET HELP. ...Read more
Yes: Cocaine use can result in death of of tissue (septal necrosis) with consequent undesirable change in nasal appearance. Some mechanisms might include reduced blood flow and/or unchecked infection. Cocaine use is associated with a variety of undesirable general medical and psychological adverse effects. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does sucking your thumb deform it?
- Does using cocaine change the shape of your nose?
- Does cocaine change the shape of your nose?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why does sneezing clear your nose?
- Does cocaine stay in your hair?
- How to unblock your nose after cocaine?
- Why does your nose run when you have allergies?
- Talk to an addiction specialist online for free